Sunday, September 20, 2015

9/22/14 ): ): QUESO DE CABRA :( :(

Sooooo the highlight of this week was probably taking a mini vacation (LOL) to a pueblo in the zone called Pesquera, a little tiny grape town about an hour outside of Hermosillo. Now "pueblo" means "village"... so just imagine a little mexican village with the most limited technology, no paved roads, super humble, super dirty and super nice people.(( The missionaries actually find tons of people who want to be baptized but they cant because they... aren`t registered people (like no birth certificate or anything, wasnt born in a hospital, never went to school... nothing) or because they are married to somebody who lives in Oaxaca or Veracruz or with some sort of legal paper issue.)) But anyways we went there do do a baptismal interview and everything went super well.
 A family of members invited us to eat and the grandpa of the family is basically the man who built the church in Pesquera and told me the whole history of the church there. Super interesting. BUT they made us quesadillas... but with some fresh village made goat cheese... which might sound super hipster and cool and tasty... but in reality it just is gross and super contaminated... and that night I thought it was going to kill me. Super super hot fever, terrible headache, stomach ache, chills, trips to the bathroom every 15 minutes... so i slept almost none. But luckily after expelling most of that cheese I have slowly been recovering, but still everything I eat just makes my stomach hurt so I am probably going to get this checked out soon. But Im pretty sure it´s just another stomach infection. OH well. 

ANd other than that...we put 5 baptisimal dates down with la familia serrano but they couldnt come to church for some reason. Easily the coolest family I have taught in the mission. They all read the Book of Mormon and want to be baptized but they aren´t sure in which church. We talked with them and are trying to help them recognize the holy ghost because they TOTALLY already received answers to their prayers but we just got to be a little more patient. The mom even told us, in my heart I know what I have to do but in my head I like my old church more. So we´ll see what´s up with them tomorrow night. 

Oh and Friday night we got back to our house and there was this faaaat party going on right out in street in front of our house...not super irregular here on a weekend in Hmo but because our are has a little bit more dinero $$$ they bought a live band with drums and tuba and everything and the biggest speakers I have ever seen so... idk if the hard part was not being able to sleep or not being to join them but it was kind of fun to watch for a few minutes from our balcony.

That´s about all my time!! Ive heard a little bit about some hurrincane or something but this week we got tons of rain but nothing crazy so dont worry about me! 

Les quiero y les extraño mucho!!!
Elder Mitchell




No comments:

Post a Comment