Sunday, September 20, 2015

10/6/14 LOS CIELOS NOS HABLAN

SOoo conference was sick. I watched the first 4 sessions in English on the secretary´s computer with Elder Ensey (cool kid from Oregon). We threw on red white and blue ties, popped popcorn and tried our best to reduplicate watching conference at home... but it was pretty rough due to a terrible feed and it took us 3 hours to watch 2 hours of conference so I might have set a record for most hours of conf watched in a weekend... 14. I was soooo excited for conference that the whole lagging in and out didnt even phase me the first 3 sessions but after the 4th I was like yeah I´ll just listen in Spanish. But something interesting I realized is that the thing I like isnt listening in English but listening to the voice of the speaker. So that was pretty cool to be able to understand those two talks given in Spanish.

It is pretty tough to pick a favorite talk but I reallllly really liked the ones by Elder Jorg Gleginbat and Elder Lynn G Robbins. PLANCH. Also I really liked the story Elder Eyring shared about his mom and trying to sneak in the door late at night hehehe Mom. And my favorite phrase was probably "The hit bird flutters." PLANCH. They were all so good though I could seriously talk about all of them! I feel like listening to conference willl never be better than when you´re in the misison. 

Also the whole time we were expecting investigators to show up and then a sweet talk about Joseph Smith or revelation would pass and I was like NOOO their missing the talk!!! And then la familia Serrano showed up toward the end of the last session and they were talking about temples and family history and I was like cmon change the topic guys! And then got up Elder Bednar and said "I would like to direct myself at those who are not members of the church" and I started singing alabanzas in my mind. Afterwards the family was pretty impressed and even commented that they would like to be able to see it in person one day. We didn´t talk much with them after conference right now only the dad and oldest daughter are on for their baptismal date of October 18th. BUT we´ll see how things improve this week with them! They are having some pretty intense maritial problems that we didn´t know about before. I know they´ll make it but it might just not be as fast as an impatient missionary would like. 

Also this past week I started working on being more DILIGENT... something I struggle with but a Christlike attribute that is super important in our progression. But so far I´ve got two weeks of diligent flossing and journal writing along with better companionship communication and following up on goals. 

And then today we had a sweet zone activity where we played soccer and some other games and also had a carne asada which is the equivolent of a mexican bbq. 

That´s just about all the time I have! But the most important thing about Conference isnt what we like or what we learned BUT what we actually do to put these things in practice in our lives! 

PAZ AMOR CARNE ASADA,
Elder Mitchell

Elder Ensey and I teaching the American tradition of going to DQ after priesthood to our latino comps (they were mind boggled)

Got to see my good ole comp. Elder Ranger!

No comments:

Post a Comment